Sunday, October 28, 2007

[Iqaluit - Day 3] Lazy Sunday

I won't have much to say here since we all decided to take a day off before the week started but today, I saw the sun for the first time since I got here (considering that it's is 60% of the time cloudy in the arctic region). It was a pretty nice sight.


Of course, it lasted all for about an hour before the clouds came again. The only thing work realted I did was to assist William in repairing and/or cleaning the radar. Before I got to Iqaluit, the computer that interprets the angle of elevation does not agree with what the radar sees. Because of this, the radar is currently just staring vertically up measuring reflectivities directly above the radar instead of the surrounding area. However, we saw that the panels we needed to remove on the inside of the radar capsule was difficult to reach without completely dismantling the entire radar .. .which none of us were qualified to do. So, our day ended before we even started. Willaim then went to the gym and I took a little walk around town. The winds were light so I figure today was a good day to walk around without freezing ... even though I only walked around 2/3 the town before my hands finally decided it was time to go inside (holding a camera in the cold does eventually persuade you to find warmth, even with light winds).

I'll get around to writing about Iqaluit later during the week after I get more pictures uploaded.

No comments: